Friday, March 15, 2013

Just for Humor

One of the most amazing parts of teaching is that children have such creative, fresh ideas and thoughts. One of the most challenging parts of teaching is that children have such creative, fresh ideas and thoughts. It's quite true that we, as adults, often have a way of saying things that holds meaning for us, but in the most basic terms, really does defy logic. No one is more qualified to bring this to our attention than a child. I wish I had a dime for every time I have asked a question and received an answer that, according to the way I phrased the question, is not entirely wrong. It's not the answer I wanted; but it is an answer to my question, nonetheless. When I came across this image, I could not help but appreciate the accuracy of these teacher-and-student exchanges.

Do you remember being a child and thinking that, sometimes, adults just didn't make sense? I remember thinking that. Sadly, I've crossed over to the side of life in which there's too much to understand to really make sense of the simple things anymore. Here enter the challenges of teaching first grade: understanding like an adult, but thinking like a child.

Hope you enjoy...