Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Few Things on a Thursday...


I'm a list-lover. So here's my "Things on a Thursday" list to wrap up the week... 
  • I officially noted a week-by-week countdown on my planner today. (We have 5 1/2 weeks left, for anyone who is wondering.) I am so anxious for summer, and the kids are too. Today, I found myself looking around the classroom and thinking about all the things I wanted to revamp over the summer. The fact that I am eager for summer so that I can work in my classroom (without the kids) probably makes me a nerd... but that really shouldn't surprise anyone; I was the kid who did my homework on the night before a snow day, just in case...
  • My June/July issue of The Mailbox came in today! Just in time... there are so many great center activities inside, so if you are a subscriber, check it out. (Again, nerd, I know.)
  • I think it's possible that a few of my students are smarter than me. It's definitely time for them to move on to second grade. In 5 1/2 weeks. 
  • We've started using "Move to Learn" videos at our school. So far, I'm a fan; it's nice to have someone else entertain guide the students for a few minutes. On the other hand, it makes me want to go home and work out just a little bit. 
  • Our class is giving special attention to Shel Silverstein poetry for National Poetry month. We will wrap up Where the Sidewalk Ends tomorrow. 
  • I ran across this great idea for adding length to cute-but-too-short-for-school dresses… Originally, I had the image linked to it's original web page, but now it seems that the page is no longer active. If, however, you do find this on an active page, please let me know so I can give credit to the original source. 
  • It's dangerously close to Friday.
What's on your list this week?