Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Few Things on a Thursday

  • It seems there is a direct relationship between the approach of summer and my students' ability to listen. Or think. Or function according to pre-established classroom norms. As the days remaining until summer dwindle, so does their listening-thinking-functioning ability. Is anyone else struggling with this? I can't totally blame them; I feel myself wanting to shut down a bit for the summer as well. I suppose it's the natural order of things; maybe we all undergo a slight transformation for summer? We have been studying life cycles...
  • Okay, that connection is a bit of a stretch. However, speaking of life cycles, meet "Trooper," the latest addition to our classroom.

He's cute, isn't he? I'm wondering how long he will survive. He has certainly made a lot of friends today, though.
  • We completed a few neat projects today, and I can't wait to share them with you. I hope to have time to prepare those posts over the next few days. 
  • The sheer volume of information on Pinterest makes me want to eat, cook, workout, shop, decorate, and make "stuff" all at the same time. I just love it. 
  • Coming Soon: An "Author's Share," featuring student writing only.