Sunday, April 28, 2013

Looking Forward to Looking Back

The end of the school year is such a hectic time. There's such an abundance of wrapping up, cleaning up, paper-working-it-up to be done. However, I am eager to spend a little time reflecting on this past year with my students. I have created a First Grade Memory book (yes, it's available on TPT) that I intend to use with my students in the final week of school this year.


WAY back in August, I took a picture of each student on the first day of school. I will give those pictures back to them to be included on this page of the book. There is also a space for them to document anything they remember about that day.


In addition, there are a few pages on which students can record details about themselves and their memories from this school year. 

What would a memory book be without an autographs page??? My kiddos love the idea of signing autographs, and I thought this would be a neat way to document names of their classmates this year.


The last page is similar to the first in that it includes space for their picture on the last day of school, and the writing section focuses on their feelings toward second grade. When they are finished, they will bind the book together with ribbon. (Unless their teacher forgets to buy cute ribbon, in which case plain old string will do just fine!)

If you are interested, feel free to check out My First-Grade Memory Book on TPT and help yourself! :)