Sunday, April 21, 2013

TPT Freebie!

Well, I'm a little excited... I have had my first sale on TPT! I know, I know; it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. It's a huge deal to me, though. I am so happy that someone out there found something I created to be useful for them as well. That means the world to me. In honor of the occasion, I have a new freebie, now available on TPT as well!

In order to better prepare my students for their final nine-weeks assessment in first grade, I created a daily language skills review to use at the beginning of each day. I have had some form of "morning work" ready to use all year long, but I like the idea of having it all in one file such as this one that I have created. This packet contains a daily language skills review for one week of instruction. Each day features various items that reflect samples of skills taught throughout this final nine weeks of instruction. Skills addressed throughout the week include: syllable types/segmentation, indefinite pronouns, compound sentences, degrees (shades) of meaning, prefixes/suffixes, real-life connections, possessive nouns, and synonyms.

For my own instruction, I will print a copy of these exercises and project it onto the board for all students to view. They have morning work folders in which they complete morning writing exercises. This will function in the same way. You may find that process useful; however, you could also print and laminate each exercise to use as center exercises. Hopefully, you can find it useful for your classroom in some way. It is free, after all. :) It is my plan to continue to expand this product in the future. I would love to have something like this designed for the entire year (gigantic goal, I know). You can check it out in my TPT store, or use this link: Daily First-Grade Language Skills.