- First of all, there are a few little house projects I would like to tackle. For example, there is one wall in our living room that I am quite certain needs stripes. It just has to happen. I'm thinking chunky vertical stripes of varying sizes with a few thin, sparingly-allotted pinstripes will create a nice accent wall. I have found a few images that are somewhat similar to what I have in mind, but I'm pretty sure our end result will be just a bit different than these.
- We are currently preparing to landscape our yard. By "we" I mean "we" are paying someone else to do the work. Nonetheless, I sure will appreciate their effort when I can sit on my front porch and admire those pretty new rosebushes.
- Travel is definitely on the agenda. The specific details of our first big "family" vacation have yet to be decided, and I'm pretty eager to narrow down those details. However, a few other small trips include visits to Nashville, Atlanta, and possibly the coast.
- Exercise! I am so ready to have a consistent running/exercise regimen again. Summers seem to be the best time to enjoy a little consistency. Once school starts back again, I always feel like my exercise routine fluctuates, depending upon the demands throughout the school year.
- I want to perfect a green smoothie recipe. Also, in a recent episode of Dr. Oz, he described cooking with various no-carb flour substitutes, including almond flour, coconut flour, and flaxseed flour. I would really like to tackle a few new recipes and make these items staple ingredients in our kitchen.
- I plan to spend a great deal of time writing, and I will certainly share some of those efforts here with you along the way. Believe it or not, this might be the part of my summer about which I am most excited...
- Unless you consider the reading list that I have been unable to tackle for a while now. I am so ready to dive into some long-awaited books, so this will consume a greater portion of my "free time." (I know, I'm a nerd. Whatever.)
- Of course, I cannot completely abandon the "teacher tasks" throughout the summer. There is much organizing to be done in preparation for the next school year. I would also like to create some additional TPT products, so look for those to pop up from time to time as well.
That's my summer to-do list at this point. We'll see how many of these tasks are fully accomplished by the end of July!
What do you have planned for summer?