Thursday, June 13, 2013

A few things on a Thursday. And the truth about green smoothies.

Happy Thursday!
  • We recently received a Keurig coffee maker as a belated wedding gift. I am obsessed with it. Does anyone have a recommendation or two (or ten) for flavors I must try? Please share!
  • I loathe going to the dentist. 
  • I have been diet-coke free for at least three weeks now. Who's impressed? 
  • No comment on the amount of coffee I have consumed.
  • If you know any single fellas out there, share this post with them: "Date a Girl Who Teaches." True words, there. ;)
  • Emily Hutchison of Curious Firsties has opened a new TPT store! Elementary teachers, check it out here. She has some great new products available!
  • Last -but not least- after sharing my post "On the Menu: Green Smoothies!" several people have wanted to know, "Okay, so what are those green smoothies really like???" Well, here's the honest-to-goodness truth: If you like orange juice with pulp, you would probably like these smoothies. They have a very pulp-like texture that, for me, is taking some getting-used-to, as we southerners like to say. The flavor is just very fresh and light. I can probably taste the parsley more than anything else, but I wouldn't say that there is necessarily an overwhelmingly-dominant flavor among the ingredients. They are rather filling, and contrary to what I expected, I am usually not even hungry by lunchtime when I have one of these for breakfast. And yes, they do promote a certain... um... cleansing effect. Isn't that a nice way to phrase it?!? Making my mama proud here... ;) 
          So I hope that offers a little more insight into the reality of green smoothies. If you want to give them a try, go ahead! It certainly won't hurt your body any. However, for those of you who aren't certain about trying my particular recipe, I thought I would provide some alternatives for you here. Maybe one of these options will be a bit more appealing to some of you on the borderline of trying a green smoothie. ;)
Source Unknown
Simple Green Smoothie
The Ultimate Green Smoothie Formula
Have a great day today! :)