Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Freebie! Close Reading Materials

UPDATE: While these resources are still available in The Tally Tales store, this product has been expanded to include a variety of additional materials, and it is no longer a "freebie" at this point. I apologize for any confusion this may cause. I hope this post is still informative and provides you with insight into a few of the materials available within that product. Thank you.

As I briefly mentioned in an earlier post, I have been trying to learn more about close reading instruction this summer. Based on some of the materials I have gathered, I created a brief packet of printables, now available for free on The Tally Tales TPT store!

This packet contains various materials for close reading instruction in an elementary classroom. I have created printable charts for text coding strategies, a question cube template, and task cards for reading literature as well as informational text. I think these materials could be used with elementary students at any grade level, but you may choose to use them more as models for younger readers.

Check out the previews below:



If you think you might be able to use these, feel free to visit The Tally Tales TPT store and download them for free! As always, I welcome any feedback or recommendations you can offer for this product or any others available through The Tally Tales store.

* If you are interested in creating your own TPT store, I would love to refer you! Simply use the following promo link when you sign up: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Signup/referral:lpurvis