Monday, June 10, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Through a ridiculously winding series of tweets, google searches, and blog posts this morning, I ran across this lovely Monday reading-list blog link-up at Teach Mentor Texts. This event was originally hosted by Book Journey, but I love the idea of establishing a link-up with a kidlit focus. So I am linking up with Teach Mentor Texts and sharing my recent "must reads."


Just Finished: One of my favorite parts of summer is the opportunity to finally tackle that list stack of books I have accumulated throughout the school year. At the top of this list was Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. I did not read The Hunger Games. I saw the movie first, which goes against my typical must-read-the-book-before-watching-the-movie policy. I loved the movie, though, and I just had to pick up reading where the movie left off. I was not disappointed. Catching Fire is such a thrilling text, and the term "cliffhanger" does not even begin to adequately describe this plot. I was so drawn in to this plot; it took me less than two days to read the it, and I almost cried at the end because I left the next book in the series at home while we traveled. I wasn't sure if I would be able to wait until I got home to read the final text in the trilogy, Mockingjay (definitely a priority on my to-read list!)

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Currently Reading: Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool.
Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
To Read: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
What are you reading today?