Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Few Things on a Thursday: Mrs. Tally is Missing!


  • This week has been such a whirlwind. First of all, it has been our Homecoming week on campus, which has included themed dress-up days. I love dressing up for weeks like this. Our first day was a character dress-up day, so my assistant and I teamed up as Ms. Nelson and Ms. Viola Swamp. I tried to play my part by waiting until after the bell rang to knock on the door, parade in the room, swat a desk with a ruler, and yell "Silence! Get out those arithmetic books!" I think most of my kids thought I was more humorous than scary. I could only hold the scowl for so long, until we all started laughing over it. It was such a fun way to start the week. What do you think of my mean face? Impressive, right? 


  • In other news, we are moving right along with an apples unit in our classroom. I hope to have several neat ideas to share with you in a lovely apples blog post soon. It has been hard to filter through the abundance of awesome apple activities out there! 
  • Quote of the week: "This is way funner than staying home. I don't get to do anything like this there."
I overheard one of my students make this statement earlier this week, and it just warmed my heart. I want my classroom to be a place to which my students want to come each day. Obviously, everyone has bad days from time to time, but as long as conversations like this are taking place somewhere in my classroom, I feel like I might be doing something right.

  • I apologize for the lack of quality posts this week. Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day to do it all... I hope you are having a wonderful week!