Sunday, September 1, 2013

Ahh... September

The last month has literally been a blur. One big, crazy, back-to-school frenzy of a blur. At the end of the day on Friday, as I was changing out my calendar to prepare for September next week I found myself thinking, "Didn't I just do this for August?" I'm not really complaining, mind you; August has been one hard month. September, however, I love already.

I always love this month. My birthday is this month, which usually helps make things a little more special-than-ordinary, but even if that wasn't the case, I think I would still love this month. There's something about the end of the hot, humid days and the early signs of fall that make me so very happy. I cannot wait to sit on my front porch on a cool Saturday morning, wearing a cozy hoodie and sipping coffee. I may have to wait to the very end of September to be able to do that (this is Mississippi, after all) but at least there is hope for it this month. 

Photo source: Unknown
In honor of the new month, I thought I would share a few of my welcome-September-and-hello-fall favorites.
1. Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks
2. Lunch Hour Skirt from Ruche's Autumn Sophistication
3. Lydia Lasercut Loafers from Anthropologie
4. Factory Printed Scoopneck Blouse from JCrew Factory
5. Retro Polka Dot Scarf from Forever21

Last, but not least, I ran across this perfect Fall bucket list on Pinterest. You just can't read this and not look forward to fall (unless you're my husband, who is praying hard that I don't drag him through 90% of the items on this list...) I'll admit that I'm probably not going trick-or-treating myself, but this is a cute list for you parents out there. The source was not linked to the image, so if you know where it was originally posted, feel free to let me know; I like to give credit where it is due.

Photo source: Unknown