Sunday, October 6, 2013

Weekend Recap

Judging from the chill in the air today, the weather may have finally caught up with the calendar around here. Fall has arrived!

Yesterday, Russ and I went to see my father's cross country team run in a competition at a nearby high school. Both his girls' and boys' team won second place overall in the meet! I'm such a proud Coach's kid.

Conveniently enough, we passed a huge Farmer's Market along the way to the school. Naturally, I just had to stop and shop a little on the way home. I probably had more fun than a normal person should have when surrounded by pumpkins and mums. Seriously, though; isn't this beautiful?





I carried two mums and an assortment of small, funky pumpkins home. I am still on the hunt for some basic large orange pumpkins, but I'm a little bit of a cheap-o when it comes to those; I don't mind picking up the basic stuff at Kroger or Wal-Mart. You just don't find green pumpkins at Wal Mart, though, so I had to snag these. This is my current fall arrangement, minus the to-be-added big pumpkins.




I don't want to give too much away and spoil the surprise, but check out the Tally Tales tomorrow for a bit of pumpkin-preservation advice!