Friday, November 1, 2013

Five for Friday: November 1, 2013


  • We began our own shelf project for our living room this week. There's this Pottery Barn shelf I really like, and I wanted to recreate the look in our living room. So far, this is all we've got, though. After staining the board, we noticed that it is slightly bowed... *sigh*
  • I have managed to fit in four workouts so far this week. One of them was light yoga at 5 AM, so it only sort of counts. We got a great deal on a new stationary bike, so I have been alternating time between the treadmill and bike this week. After several hectic weeks in which I rarely fit in a good workout, this has been so refreshing! If only every week could be like this...
  • I made my first peach cobbler this week! It was not a healthy version. Sometimes you just have to splurge and dig in.
  • As if my sinful dessert wasn't bad enough, our school is currently hosting a "Candy-grams" fundraiser. Kids can purchase candy bars to send to their friends and teachers. I'm sure my fellow teacher friends will agree with me when I say a pile of candy bars is just a dangerous thing for a teacher to constantly have within reach. It's a good thing I have been running this week!!!
  • In the spirit of Halloween, I made a Halloween Potion with my kiddos yesterday. They had a blast with it. Check out my "ingredients" and the recipe below. 


Happy Friday, everyone!