Friday, December 6, 2013

Five for Friday: December 6, 2013

A few highlights from this week…
  • The December calendar is up! I cannot believe it's already December. That being said, I am thrilled that it is already December. I enjoy this time of year so much. This time last year, we were on brink of our wedding day, so needless to say, the holidays were not at the forefront of our focus. This year, we are getting to bask solely in the joy of the holiday season. That and one year of marriage? We have a lot to celebrate this month, indeed. 
  • December is off to a pretty productive start, with seasonal decorations up and ready! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here…
  • Since my obsession with decorations has pretty exploded inside the house, Russ decided to do a little decorating of his own outside. We are very bright around here! :) 

  • This week, we received our first Christmas card for this year! Isn't it beautiful???

  • I just realized that the past four pictures have related to the holidays, so I thought I would share my favorite classroom snippet from this week. I don't know about your December school experiences, but our days are busy this month. There's so much to do, and even less time than normal… It's so refreshing when we take our "reading break" each day. I always choose a few students to make themselves comfy on the carpet for their reading time. One day this week, I noticed these three carpet-readers, completely absorbed in their stories. How precious is that? I grabbed my camera to snap a quick picture; they never even noticed.