Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Update: A Winter Vacation

I admit that I've been a bit MIA lately. I would apologize, except that I have taken a much-needed break from everything. From school, from blogging, from being glued to my cell phone… you get the idea. The past week has been a personal retreat, of sorts, and it has been wonderful.

Last week, Russ and I enjoyed a winter vacation to the Smoky Mountains! We took advantage of just about every opportunity to attend shows and shop while we were there. It was a fast, full few days, and we had such a great time. I'll share a few highlights from the trip below...

We spent one day in Dollywood. It was so cold, and unfortunately none of the rides were operational. (Not that I would have taken a roller coaster ride in that cold, anyway…) Regardless, we saw every show that we could, ate some amazing cinnamon bread, and really had a great time.




 We went for a scenic mountain drive one day...



This view could just take your breath away… The pictures really do not do it justice.

 Did I mention that it was really cold???
 We went to the Dixie Stampede...




Then, on our last day there, we woke up to a snow-covered scene outside! That was a sweet wintry treat for the ride home.



The trip was wonderful, and then we returned home to Thanksgiving meals with family. All in all, the week was a nice, refreshing break from the usual routine. I suppose that's what holidays and vacations are for, though, right? I enjoyed it all so much!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with your family and friends as well! Hopefully I'll have a chance to hop around and catch up on everything I missed from blogger friends over the past week. Happy Tuesday! :)