Tuesday, January 7, 2014

#BookNerd… Did I REALLY Just Set That Goal??

So, Goodreads has this neat goal-setting option through which you can establish a reading challenge for 2014. The same option may have existed for 2013 as well, but I didn't know about it. Regardless, I decided to participate and set a goal for myself. For some reason, I set my goal to read 52 books this year. That's right. 52. FIFTY-TWO.

Some of you are probably actually thinking that's not a big deal- nor is it a big challenge. Some of you aren't me.

Don't get me wrong; I love to read. I would spend a large portion of my time each day reading if I could. However, you teachers out there will sympathize with me when I say I don't exactly have a plethora of free time for pleasure reading. Still; a goal is a goal. (I am sure I intended to type 22 or something…)

So I will have to be diligent in my reading this year, and I hope you will make some recommendations for me along the way. I will certainly be on the look-out for good reads!