Tuesday, January 21, 2014

DIY: Rustic Quilt Ladder

Today, I am sharing my experience with this little home accessory…
I love wooden ladders. Each time I see one as a home decor feature, I swoon a little. (Dramatic, I know.) I especially love this sweet little quilt ladder available through Pottery Barn.
What I do not adore quite so much, however, is the price. Don't judge; I know I'm not alone in this mentality.

So when I encountered a tutorial for a $10 Wooden Blanket Ladder at Shanty 2 Chic, I had to check it out. What resulted was my very own wooden ladder that did not actually cost me anything since we already had the materials at home to make it. Lucky; I know. But seriously, even the Pottery Barn experts can agree that free is a good deal. I'll readily consider this a wise invest of time.

I cannot take credit for the creative process here, nor did I even bother to create my own tutorial. I simply followed the steps for the $10 Wooden Blanket Ladder at Shanty 2 Chic, and that tutorial was just excellent! I won't tamper with a good thing; if you want to make this yourself, visit Ashley, and follow her instructions.

Although I will warn you: the hardest part of this is deciding where to put the ladder in your house. I guarantee you will love it everywhere ! :)

So this is my finished product… what do you think???