Monday, January 13, 2014

It's Monday! What are you Reading? 01-13-14

As always, I'm happy to be connected again with a little bit of reading action. Make sure you join the link-up if you want to share your recent reads this Monday!

This Monday reading-list blog link-up is available through Teach Mentor Texts. This event was originally hosted by Book Journey, but I also love the idea of establishing a link-up with a kidlit focus. Therefore, I am linking up with Teach Mentor Texts and sharing my recent "must reads," but I will also link up with Book Journey  since some of my texts fall outside the kidlit genre.

Just Finished
The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
I remember coming across this book last summer, and if I recall correctly, my first exposure to this story was through the book trailer shared through other readers' blogs. I added it to my Goodreads list, and I've wanted to read it ever since. As I began reading, I was instantly wrapped up in this not-so-typical fairy tale. I was completely absorbed in the plot from the start, and while I could predict the outcome to some extent, I still WANTED to keep reading. Typically, most middle-level texts are predictable for adult readers, so that doesn't discourage me. I thought the plot was adorable; the characters were well-developed; and the surprisingly unresolved ending left me with a desire to read more. This is a good, clean read wrapped up in the nostalgia of a childhood fairy tale.
    
Currently Reading
This will be an ongoing read for a while.
This will be an ongoing read for a while.












To Read