Thursday, February 13, 2014

Five for Friday: February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!!!
I hope your day is just lovely. ;)


I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs again!

  •  We have actually had two snow days this week! Those of you who have already had quite a few snow days in your area know that I've had my fingers crossed that we might get one before winter passes. So I am glad to say that we have seen our "snow." Brace yourself; snow in Mississippi is intense…


To be fair, we didn't get as much snow at our house as the areas surrounding us. But still; this is often the extent of a typical snow day for us. 
  • This little guy has not been too thrilled about my extra time around the house, mainly because it meant that I finally had time to give him a much-needed bath. Isn't he pitiful?

  • Upon returning to school on Thursday, I found that many of my kiddos were already in a Valentine's mood. I accumulated quite a few homemade Valentines a day early. 

  •  This is probably one of my favorite Valentine's Day crafts for kids. We did this with my class last year, and it was such a hit. In case you can't tell, you trace one handprint, starting with the thumb and pointer finger at the folded edge of a piece of construction paper. Then, you cut along the edge of the handprint, without severing the fold. When you open the handprint and turn it upside down, you can see a heart in the center! We add this little poem at the bottom to create a sweet little Valentine for the children to give to someone they love at home. 

Happy Friday and Valentine's Day, everyone! :)