Thursday, February 20, 2014

Five for Friday: February 21, 2014


I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs again!
Happy Friday!!!!!
  • So this is not technically a "this week" thing, but I had to share my recent Valentine's treat for the husband. This was his "gift," and I was so proud of myself. If you like strawberries, and you like pie, then you will love this strawberry heart pie. It's ah-mazing. I can't take credit for the recipe, but I can certainly share it. Hop on over to Miss Buttercup and check out her easy-but-delicious recipe. Please don't judge; my pie does not look nearly as good as hers! I will definitely make this pie again soon; no Valentine's Day excuse needed for this lovely treat!

  •  We are all wrapped up in penguins in one of our centers this week. My kiddos are having a blast with this "Penguin Math and Art" activity, compliments of Erica Bohrer at Erica's Ed-Ventures. If interested, you can access her product here
Isn't it so neat to see the differences in creative expression among your students? I absolutely love this activity because it allows them to create something while seamlessly integrating math into the activity. I have had so much fun watching them work on this. It's also interesting that my kiddos are particularly fond of doubles, apparently… hmm. Doesn't that make those fact families easy?!? ;)

  • In honor of dental health this month, we also added this little spelling activity into one center. The students make a paper-representation of their own toothbrushes, substituting their spelling words for the bristles. Then, they create a large tooth (using a stencil) out of notebook paper, and create a writing sample using their spelling words on the tooth as well. Some of my students are writing sentences with their words, but some of them are working on writing stories. 


  • Just a twinge of excitement to see our Tally Tales Twitter followers growing a bit. We finally broke through the 200 followers mark this week! Yay! Thanks so much, friends. 

That's it for me this week, friends! I hope you have had a great week and enjoy the weekend ahead!