I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs again!
- So this is not technically a "this week" thing, but I had to share my recent Valentine's treat for the husband. This was his "gift," and I was so proud of myself. If you like strawberries, and you like pie, then you will love this strawberry heart pie. It's ah-mazing. I can't take credit for the recipe, but I can certainly share it. Hop on over to Miss Buttercup and check out her easy-but-delicious recipe. Please don't judge; my pie does not look nearly as good as hers! I will definitely make this pie again soon; no Valentine's Day excuse needed for this lovely treat!
- We are all wrapped up in penguins in one of our centers this week. My kiddos are having a blast with this "Penguin Math and Art" activity, compliments of Erica Bohrer at Erica's Ed-Ventures. If interested, you can access her product here.
Isn't it so neat to see the differences in creative expression among your students? I absolutely love this activity because it allows them to create something while seamlessly integrating math into the activity. I have had so much fun watching them work on this. It's also interesting that my kiddos are particularly fond of doubles, apparently… hmm. Doesn't that make those fact families easy?!? ;)
- In honor of dental health this month, we also added this little spelling activity into one center. The students make a paper-representation of their own toothbrushes, substituting their spelling words for the bristles. Then, they create a large tooth (using a stencil) out of notebook paper, and create a writing sample using their spelling words on the tooth as well. Some of my students are writing sentences with their words, but some of them are working on writing stories.
- If you follow The Tally Tales, you may remember my recent post about How to Order FREE Pottery Barn Fabric Swatches. Well, mine arrived this week! Yay for free swatches! Now, if I could just decide on one…
- Just a twinge of excitement to see our Tally Tales Twitter followers growing a bit. We finally broke through the 200 followers mark this week! Yay! Thanks so much, friends.
That's it for me this week, friends! I hope you have had a great week and enjoy the weekend ahead!