Tuesday, February 11, 2014

How to Order FREE Pottery Barn Fabric Swatches

Today's tutorial is a different type of Do-it-Yourself… not so much a project as a bit of wonderful step-by-step advice. Still, I think it's incredibly relevant, and my fellow Do-It-Yourselfers out there will probably find this to be quite handy for future reference.

So, maybe I am way out of the loop, but I had no idea you could order Pottery Barn Fabric swatches for free online. In my recent dilemma over making my own valances for our kitchen windows, my mom suggested that I order fabric from Pottery Barn. To which I immediately responded that I absolutely could not bring myself to pay for Pottery Barn fabric online without knowing for certain that the colors would coordinate well in our house. She then proceeded to enlighten me on this whole process of ordering fabric swatches from Pottery Barn… free of charge. Who knew?!? Not I. To be honest, I was still a little skeptical.

So I headed to Pottery Barn online, and what-do-you-know-mom-was-right! So for those of you who, like me, had no clue you could obtain free fabric samples from Pottery Barn, I hope this simple little tutorial is helpful!

  • First, visit Pottery Barn online. In the search box, type "fabric by the yard."

  • You will be redirected to the search results, which will feature all fabrics available for purchase by the yard. Select the thumbnail image of the material or patterns that you would like to view in a quicklook.

  • Once you have selected one you like, you will see the option to "Request Swatches" just below the specifications for order options. Click there.

  • The next page will provide an order form to request swatches of that type of material. After filling in your mailing information, choose any of the specific patterns you want by checking the box next to the each thumbnail image. If you notice, you do not have to provide any billing or payment information. A quick note above the fabric selection confirms that fabric swatches are free of charge- even shipping. 

  • The next page confirms your request! 

From what I can tell, this option is available only for fabrics sold exclusively online. I'm assuming you can obtain swatches of other fabrics in stores. Still, since I don't have access to a Pottery Barn store here, I'll gladly take samples of online-only fabrics! :) I hope this has been helpful for you! 

Note: Please visit my "Let's Party" page to view blog link-up parties where I will share this tutorial.