Sunday, March 16, 2014

It's Monday! What are you reading? 3-17-14

Here's my weekly dose of book love...

This Monday reading-list blog link-up is available through Teach Mentor Texts. This event was originally hosted by Book Journey, but I also love the idea of establishing a link-up with a kidlit focus. Therefore, I am linking up with Teach Mentor Texts and sharing my recent "must reads," but I will also link up with Book Journey  since some of my texts fall outside the kidlit genre.

Just Finished

I thought Tuesdays with Morrie was excellent, but I may have liked this one even more. I know everyone has their own idea of heaven, and no one really knows what to expect, but Mitch Albom's visualization is simultaneously thorough, thought-provoking, and subtly pleasant. There were so many moments in which I read a portion of this story, and then reread the same sentence several times just because I was so caught up in the sheer quality of the words. I don't think anyone should place too much emphasis or relevance on any fictional trace of an afterlife, but this is one account that, at the very least, will give you reason to pause and think "What if…" 


Currently Reading
This will be an ongoing read for a while.
This will be an ongoing read for a while.

To Read:


Happy reading, friends! :)

P.S. Don't forget to enter the Tally Tales TPT products giveaway! If you missed it, you can view the giveaway post hereA winner will be announced on Wednesday, March 19th!