Sunday, March 9, 2014

What can you do with washi tape? Paper products!

This is a different type of craft for me. I have created paper products before, but up until this point, I have not had any available for sell in my Etsy store. So this is a first! :)

I really, really adore washi tape. I just don't get many opportunities to do a lot with it myself. However, for this particular craft, I enjoyed using a few new washi tape styles and made some colorful, happy gift tags. Aren't these tape patterns fun?
I went to work with these rolls of washi tape, along with some paper, stamps, and scrapbook embellishments, and this happened…






Overall, the set includes five colorful hand-made paper gift tags. Each gift tag contains at least one decorative embellishment, which may include a washi-tape design or a hand-stamped message. Additionally, a short string of twine is knotted at the end of each tag. The gift tags vary in size, ranging from the smallest at 2 1/2 inches x 1 3/4 inches to the largest at 3 3/4 inches x 2 inches.

I love the tags, but I really think my favorite part is the pocket enclosure for each tag. In all, there are 5 paper pocket enclosures that coincide with the gift tags. There are two different pocket sizes. Three small pockets measure 4 inches x 3 inches. Two larger pockets each measure 4 inches x 6 inches. I used the same color scheme throughout all of the pieces, so the gift tags are easily interchangeable with  the different pockets.

What do you think? I know it's not a huge product or a really big deal, but I had so much fun working on these! They're my latest product listing in the Tally Tales Etsy store, so if you are interested, you can check them out here