Monday, April 7, 2014

Extreme Weather: Cloudy, with a chance of… What?

Happy Monday, friends! I know I said that my weather posts would end last week, but I couldn't resist sharing this last one…

To finish off our weather unit, we read Cloudy, with a Chance of Meatballs.
I have loved this book for so long. I was a little afraid that most of my students would have seen the  movie, and therefore not be as excited about reading the book. However, very few of them had actually watched the movie, and even those still enjoyed the read-aloud. We had a blast just reading the story. Then we followed it with this adorable writing extension activity.

While some of our kiddos kept to the food theme, there were a few who really wanted it to rain jewelry or sports balls. All in all, their interests were evident through these creative writing samples.