Monday, May 19, 2014

Be a Word Detective: Language Skills Review *Freebie*

You fellow teachers can relate to the challenges of the last few weeks of school. So little time, so much to do, so much to continue reviewing… especially if you have those assessments ahead!

I developed this little language review activity for my students…
In this activity, students face a very specific challenge, as you can see below...
After explaining the challenge, and that the students must become "detectives," I reveal the list, which is catered to review some basic first-grade language skills.
To make the activity extra-authentic, I gave each student a magnifying glass, which they used to "hunt" for words in their story.
They thought this was so cool. I loved listening to their conversations as they hunted specifically for various parts of speech. 

If you are interested in using this with your kiddos, you can access it for free in the Tally Tales TPT store!