Monday, May 5, 2014

DIY: Slender Accent Table

Becky over at Beyond the Picket Fence posted this wonderful island tutorial last June. I pinned it because I loved it, obviously, but I didn't need an island in my kitchen. What I did need was a tall, slender accent table along an empty wall. The wonderful thing about this table is that it's so easily adaptable to a variety of purposes, so whether you need a table, island, or even bench, you could still follow Becky's tutorial to meet your needs.


I can't say that I necessarily followed her tutorial; my husband is the craftsman that took these pieces of wood and created my lovely new table.
I used these materials to add paint, wax coating, and stain to the unfinished wood.
This is the finished table…


And after a bit of decorating, I think we are good to go!


If you are interested in creating your own table like this, definitely pay Becky a visit; her tutorial is just what you need!