Thursday, May 22, 2014

Five for Friday: May 23, 2014


I missed the link-up last week, but this week, I had to make sure I shared a few things with you. This has been our last
week
of
school. 

Which means that today is my last day of school. I know you'll agree with me when I say that every year, this is a precious, bittersweet time. We grow to love our kiddos, but summer certainly is wonderful, isn't it?

So here are a few moments from my last week.


We began the week with Field Day on Monday. I surprised the kids with a breakfast of fruit and mini muffins. It was a sweet start to a Monday. 




This week, the students did a bit of reflective writing. It's always amazing to me to read about the things they remember the most from the year. In all, my Halloween Potion and the days my assistant and I dressed up in costumes for different events seemed to be among their favorite memories. There were also several writing samples that really reminded me how great our impact is on these little ones. It's so easy to get caught up in the busyness of teaching that we forget how much they really are watching us. So in all this, my students' reflections really helped me to reflect on the year as well.

Did I mention that this week was bittersweet???







If you read my post earlier this week about our colorful student gifts (and the freebie available), then this picture will probably look familiar. (If you missed that post, feel free to check it out here.)

Check out this sweet gift from one of my students. She loved her gift from us so much that she went home and made her own recycled crayons (with the help of a parent, of course) to give back to her teachers. Precious, right? I'll have to keep this crayon around for a while, I think…



After much cleaning and packing, my room is pretty much ready for summer! I still have a couple of odds and ends to pack away, but for the most part, I'm finished.






Last, but certainly not least, hop on over to DIY Vintage Chic and check out today's Five Features. You just may find a recent Tally Tales project among this week's features! ;)
DIY Vintage Chic
I hope you have had a lovely week! Thanks so much for visiting the Tally Tales today!