Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday: Be Inspired and Rest 05-11-14

Happy Mother's Day, friends! I wanted to share a few of my most inspirational (or simply delightful) encounters online this week.  I can't take credit for any of these gracious expressions or hopeful links, but I do hope that passing them on will provide some joy to you today! If you find something you would like to Pin, please take time to visit the original source, if available, and Pin from there. I have provided an easy-to-click hyperlink credit to any traceable sources. When applicable, I've also included my favorite quotes from some of the reading passages so you can have a small preview before you read on.

I hope this is encouraging for you! Have a lovely, restful Sunday!

*          *          *          *
Source: UPDATE: Son asking for prayers for Rev. Billy Graham
"One day you will hear that Billy Graham has died. Don't believe it. On that day I will be more alive than I ever will be." ~Rev. Billy Graham

*          *          *          *

Source: inCourage.me
"it’s those moments, those worst bottom of the barrel moments when we can most relate to the people we’ve been sent to serve.” ~Joy Forney, "Remembering My Way Out of the Flood"

*          *          *          *

Source: Relevant Magazine
"What if there's more to "observing the Sabbath" than checking in at church in the morning?" ~Tyler Ward, "Why We Need to Start Taking the Sabbath Seriously"

*          *          *          *

"Thou You Slay Me" by Shane & Shane (featuring John Piper)

"Not only is all your affliction momentary -not only is all your affliction light- in comparison to eternity and the glory there, but all of it is totally meaningful…" ~John Piper

*          *          *          *