Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday: Be Inspired and Rest 05-18-14

Happy Sunday, friends! I wanted to share a few of my most inspirational (or simply delightful) encounters online this week.  I can't take credit for any of these gracious expressions or hopeful links, but I do hope that passing them on will provide some joy to you today! If you find something you would like to Pin, please take time to visit the original source, if available, and Pin from there. I have provided an easy-to-click hyperlink credit to any traceable sources. When applicable, I've also included my favorite quotes from some of the reading passages so you can have a small preview before you read on.

I hope this is encouraging for you! Have a lovely, restful Sunday!

*          *          *          *
Source: "From Panic to Peace" Proverbs 31 Ministries
You know those moments in which you stumble upon the words that are exactly what you need at that moment? This devotion, written by Nancy McGuirk, was precisely that for me earlier this week. I hope it serves the same purpose for you, if you are finding yourself struggling with worry and/or fear today. 

"What is most pressing in your life right now? Whatever that is, put God’s Word there instead. Replace worry with the truth of God’s love and power. Then we can trust that God will do as He says: “keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed” on Him (Isaiah 26:3a, ESV)." ~Nancy McGuirk

*          *          *          *

Source: Desiring God, "Hope for the Despairing Heart"
"The gospel of Jesus Christ tells us that Jesus was a man of sorrows… There is not one tear we have shed that he does not understand."~Christina Fox

*          *          *          *

Source: Ann Voskamp, Facebook Share

*          *          *          *

Source: Luna Belle

*          *          *          *

Source: (in)Courage

*          *          *          *