Thursday, June 26, 2014

On the Menu: Road-Trip Ready Snacks

Earlier this week, I shared a few sources for helpful travel tips. Beyond making sure all clothing essentials are packed, I've also been trying to prepare plenty of snacks for the road. It's no secret that the more time you spend in a car, the more money you can spend "snacking" along the way. I wanted to make sure we had plenty of homemade snacks that would help prevent that. These are a couple of my favorite recipes for filling snacks (that will also help remedy a sweet tooth!). I've shared these recipes before, and you can visit the original link to the full recipes here, in case you are considering packing these for your next vacation as well!
The previous version I shared for these cookies included options for dried cranberries or raisins. That's one of the greatest things about this recipe; you can customize it to fit your tastebuds. For our road trip snacks, I kept it simple with walnuts and chocolate chips.
 Packed up and ready to go!