Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Ch-ch-ch-changes! And Back-to-School Favorites

Changes? Oh, yes. My school year is going to look much different this year. I will no longer be teaching first grade. I am going to be one of three teachers in a program exclusively designed for students who either have dyslexia, or experience dyslexia-type symptoms. So throughout each day, I will work with students of all ages (K-5th grade) in small groups to provide support for reading development. While I will miss my classroom of first-graders, I am very excited about this change! I think it will be a wonderful opportunity, and since reading instruction really is my passion, this position specifically targets one of the areas I love most about my career. 

So I am working on my little classroom, but it's going to look much different this year. I will share pictures of my new learning environment soon! 

For now, in the spirit of all things Back-to-School, I'm sharing some of my favorite classroom pins. Some are old, some are new, but all are creative ideas other teachers have shared for classroom decor, organization, and overall back-to-school prep. You can never have too many ideas at this time of year, right? If you want to save some of these ideas, please remember to visit the original posts and Pin from there. :)
  • I love Subway Art, and this freebie is a great representation of classroom expectations. I especially love the exaggerated "READ" in the center. Visit eighteen25 and print your own!
eighteen25
  • This is an older post, but the resources are great year after year. Beyond the Grades provides a great organizational binder for teachers, including printables to create your own!
Beyond the Grades
  • O-H So Blessed has some lovely classroom decor ideas. Her space is adorable and full of sweet details. I especially love this little stand!
O-H So Blessed
Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits
  • The lovely ladies over at Curious Firsties have an awesome idea for classroom flooring in their post "A Rug Alternative." I would never have thought of this, but it really is a neat idea.
Curious Firsties

  • This Back-to-School priority list is the perfect tool to help you stay organized as you tackle the hundreds of things you need to do to prepare your classroom (and yourself) for the first day of school! Grab the freebie at True Life I'm a Teacher!
True Life I'm a Teacher!
A Love for Teaching
  • I love this All-About-Me-Pennant idea! This is a link for a TPT product, not a blog, but I think you can get the idea. This would be a great way for students to immediately put their own touch on the classroom in a whole-group project. Love, love, love it!
Mrs. N's TPT Store
  • Miss Kindergarten shared this neat tabletop organizer for her teacher desk. This is such a compact way to organize a lot of information. Great idea.
Miss Kindergarten
  • This sweet prayer is available as a free printable at the Teaching Blog Addict, and I can't think of anything that teachers need more than strong prayer, especially at this time of year. 
Teaching Blog Addict