Friday, July 11, 2014

On the Menu: Easy Ritz Baked Chicken

One of my favorite dishes that my mother makes is this incredible chicken casserole. It's topped with a Ritz cracker coating as well as crust, and the combination is amazing. So when I was searching for a new recipe for baked chicken breasts and I came across this recipe at Squidoo, I couldn't resist. I gave it a try, and it was definitely tasty. The Ritz crackers add an extra, but subtle, flavor to typical baked chicken. Not to mention the fact that it's so very easy to make. :)

Ingredients:
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Melted butter (I use a nondairy option)
Ritz crackers
Salt
Pepper

If you notice, there are no specific amounts or proportions for this recipe. You use as much, or as little, as you need, depending on the number of chicken breasts you are baking. (I used one single pack of ritz crackers for 5 chicken breasts.) Add salt and pepper to taste.

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Crush Ritz crackers inside a large zip lock bag.
3. Dip one chicken breast into the melted butter, and then place the breast inside the bag with the crushed crackers. 
4. Shake the bag gently until the breast is fully coated with cracker crumbs. Then, place the coated breast onto a baking dish.
5. Repeat this coating process for all remaining chicken breasts.
6. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
7. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until well done.