Sunday, October 26, 2014

On the Menu: Burger Biscuit Bake Casserole

When I was a child, there was one casserole my mother made that I just loved. Recently, I decided that I needed to attempt to make it myself. After making this casserole for at least thirty years, my mom could recite the recipe by heart. It will be a while before I know it that well, but I was surprised by how simple this dish really is to make. The ingredient list is simple, but this casserole is full of flavor. Give it a try; you won't be disappointed!

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef (I prefer all-natural, hormone-free, but that is a personal preference)
1 onion
1 bell pepper
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can tomato soup
1 can of biscuits
2 tbspWorcestershire sauce

Seasonings:
1/4 stick of Butter
Salt (dash)
Pepper (dash)
Oregano (dash)
2 tbsp Sugar

Directions:
(1) Chop onion and bell pepper into small, fine chunks. Cook chopped ingredients in a tablespoon of butter until they are soft.
(2) Add ground beef to the skillet. Cook along with bell pepper and onion until well done.
(3) Drain the meat mixture and add seasonings and worcestershire sauce to meat.
(4) Then add corn (drained) and tomato soup. Mix all ingredients together.
(5) Spread complete mixture into 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
(6) Break each biscuit in half and top mixture completely with biscuits.
(7) Cook at 350 degrees until biscuits are done and lightly brown on top.