Monday, October 6, 2014

On the Menu: Homemade Applesauce

Those of you who have followed me here for a while know that I am a fan of easy recipes. This one is among my favorites for fall. When the air turns crisp, this is a perfect way to warm your tummies and your home with this tasty homemade applesauce. Pull out your crockpot, ladies; this applesauce will fill your home with a natural fragrance of autumn.

Ingredients:
8-10 apples
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup butter
cinnamon (as desired)

Directions:
(1) Chop the apples into slices or chunks. (I don't even peel mine; I just dump them in and let them cook until they fall apart!)

(2) Add water, sugar, and butter.

(3) Sprinkle cinnamon on top. I don't even measure it; I just sprinkle on a good amount. 

(4) Cook on high for four hours (or low for six hours). 

As you can tell from my picture, I literally throw it all into the crockpot and just let it cook. You just can't go wrong with something so simple! Enjoy!