Sunday, December 21, 2014

An Update: Settling in with Christmas Break and 35 Weeks Pregnant

Oh, dear, where has the time gone? I honestly cannot account for the past few months and my very infrequent blog posts, other than to say that between a new teaching position this year and preparing for our baby girl (who is scheduled to arrive in just FIVE weeks!) I just haven't been the best blogger. I have had ideas, pictures, and products stacking up to share with you, but it just hasn't happened.

Forgive me.

I can't even guarantee that I will be the most diligent blogger in the near future, either. I have no blogging expectations for my new-mom self. I think it's probably best to have that perspective. I will, however, try to share as much as possible, as often as possible, and I hope you will continue to stop by every now and then to pay me a visit. As for now, we have reached Christmas break, and this mommy-to-be is pretty excited about this little holiday break from the school-day grind! :)

To briefly update you, we are now at 35 weeks in this pregnancy, and I am very eager to meet our sweet baby girl! My most recent belly pic is this one, from 33 weeks. I need to get a more recent picture soon… she has grown a bit in the past two weeks! :)
We have been blessed with several really wonderful showers over the past couple of months. I can't begin to describe how grateful I am that so many friends and relatives have helped us prepare for our baby girl so far. I have been creating a photo book to document the experience so far, and here are a few snippets of that project… Our baby girl has already been showered with so much love!





As you can see, we've been busy! At one point, this was my view of the nursery…
Luckily, we have made some progress toward sorting through the goodies, and you can actually walk into the room now. We are almost finished with the details, and I can't wait to share the finished room with you soon!

Beyond baby news, teaching has been quite a different experience for me this year. While I have previously taught third grade and, most recently, first grade, I am currently teaching reading skills to students of all ages, kindergarten through fifth grade, who display dyslexic tendencies that may inhibit their reading progress. My instruction focuses on multi-sensory reading techniques, such as the Orton Gillingham methodology. I intended to be more diligent in sharing my classroom experiences with you this year, but as many of you fellow teachers know, transition into a new area of teaching can be rather consuming in and of itself. 

I have been gradually developing a variety of phonics-based resources within The Tally Tales TPT store. You are welcome to peruse the product listings within the store. However, I often find it to be helpful to see a bit more detail/description of the products, rather than information available in snippets provided within the TPT listing. Blog posts about products are always helpful to me. I intend to create posts that correspond to each of the new products, just to better explain and share any new developments. (I do have the best of intentions, really.) You may not find each post to be helpful, but if you are looking for resources to support a particular skill, then I hope you will gain something from descriptions of my new products or ideas.

All in all, I think we're a bit caught up now. More to come on baby girl's nursery, TPT products, and new teaching experiences! Check back soon!