Saturday, March 14, 2015

2 Months Already!?!

Ambree Kate is now two months old! I can't believe it. It's strange, because in a way, it seems like it was so long ago that we brought her home, but at the same time, it seems as though there is no way she could possibly be two months old already. Having a baby has been quite a life-altering experience, but I would expect nothing less of such a sweet little miracle. Here are a few updates on our sweet baby girl and her second month of life here.






The weather has been surprisingly wintery here in northeast Mississippi this year. We have had multiple snowy/icy days around here. I did not bundle Ambree Kate up to take her out in the cold, but she did watch the snow fall from inside the warm house.



We have enjoyed some sweet cuddle time. I cannot believe my maternity leave is almost over. I don't know how I'll manage a whole workday without being about to kiss this sweet girl.


This girl loves her bath time. She just looks around and enjoys that warm water. I like bundling her up in her towel afterward… such sweet moments!



I think she is already a daddy's girl, and I wouldn't have it any other way! It is such a sweet thing to see your husband as a father. Russ is incredible with Ambree Kate, and some of my most priceless moments have been spent watching him tend to her.



Braxton has adjusted well to having Ambree Kate at home. He watches over her and checks on her when she cries. I think they will be good buddies in the not-so-distant future.


Now, this is my favorite part of the update. Do you see the start of this chubby little leg roll? This is a recent development. After having so much trouble with baby reflux, transitioning to formula (we had to use a soy formula), and struggling with weight gain, I am proud to share that Ambree Kate is finally beginning to gain a little weight! We are on our last pack of newborn diapers, and we have actually had to put away some of the newborn outfits because they have gotten too snug. Needless to say, I am pretty proud of that chubby little leg!


All in all, this little girl is full of life- wiggles, kicks, smiles, and all! Happy 2-month birthday, sweet girl!