In all, it contains activities that include s-blends, r-blends, l-blends, w-blends, and trigraphs (you may refer to them as clusters). All of the activities within the product range in difficulty, so the entire packet would be useful, whether you are working with beginning readers who are just starting to learn about blends, or with more advanced readers who need extended practice or review. I really wanted to create a product that would provide options for use with a variety of age groups or learning styles. I intend to use it myself, and since I work with students of all ages, I need products that are easily adaptable or differentiated.
Here are details and preview images of some of the activities available within this product.
- Word list reference guides for each blend type as well as flashcards with images and text blends beneath each image
- Bingo games for each blend type with materials (spinners and game cards) for up to four players
- Picture cards for a blend matching activity that may be used with either clothespins or dry-erase markers (if laminated)
- Cut-and-paste practice pages
- Sorting activities and tree map organizers on which students can record results from the sorts.
- Differentiated reading passages that feature each blend type.
If interested, you can access this entire packet here! As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to share those with me.