Monday, June 22, 2015

TPT Seller Challenge Week 2: Dare to Dream

Today I'm excited to participate in Week 2 of the #TPTSellerChallenge, which is being hosted by Sparkling in Second GradePeppyZestyTeacheristaThird in Hollywood, and Teach, Create, Motivate. This week's challenge focuses on sharing your goals and dreams for your TPT store. I have to be honest here; I don't think my "dreams" are all that snazzy. I'm interested to see what others have to say about this one, because I'm afraid my responses are entirely too practical. 

Regardless, here are my "dreams" for my TPT store, in no particular order…
*Gift-Giving:  It is such an honor to have people actually want to pay money for the resources I create. Almost all of the money I earn from TPT currently goes toward purchases for other people as Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, etc. I'm not to the point yet where that money pays for all of those gifts, but I think it would be incredible if that was possible at some point in the future. For me, it's such a neat concept to turn that money into a gift for someone else. It's almost a pay-it-forward concept, and I think it's a great way to utilize money other teachers so graciously invest in my store. 

*College Fund: I am fortunate enough to have no lingering college debt at this point. However, I shudder to think of what it is going to cost to pay for our baby girl's degree when that time rolls around in, oh, eighteen years or so. The tuition rates are always on the rise, you know… We have already begun looking at payment options to establish a reliable college fund for her, and I can only imagine how incredible it would be if TPT money could go toward that investment. 

*Connections and Resources: Almost every product in my store is one I originally created to use in my own classroom, so being able to share those things as resources for other teachers is really cool. I love making connections with other teachers, and TPT (as well as blogging) provides a great venue for that. In my dream world, I would have established a widespread connection with other teachers, and I would be able to truly support them with the resources I provide in my store. 

So that's it! Those are my major long-term goals for my TPT store. I can't wait to hop around and see what other have to say. Thanks for visiting me here and reading! :)