Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Monthly Newsletter FREEBIE!

Recently, I shared a post about my newsletter design and goals for the upcoming school year. If you missed it, you can check it out here. I received so much helpful feedback about my design, and I am going to use that advice as I continue to prepare these newsletters throughout the school year. Thank you SO MUCH to those of you who have taken the time to give me some recommendations about the design!

Several people also expressed interest in using the newsletter for their own classrooms. I have no problem sharing this design; however, I wasn't sure how to make the template editable. Again, thanks to advice from others, I think I have it figured out!

If you would like to use this newsletter template for your own classroom, you can access it for free through Google Docs here. The template will look like this...
As a reminder, this is my original design for my own newsletter. In the free template, I have included editable text boxes. However, I will warn you ahead of time: the font for the text boxes on the freebie is not identical to my version. Some of the fonts I used are ones I have downloaded or purchased, and unless you have downloaded them as well, the template would not work for you. So the font will look slightly different for you, but the sections and graphics are all there, ready to use!

As I described in my original post, I will revise this newsletter template each month. Sooooooo that means I will also make this a monthly freebie, available here at the beginning of each month! 

I hope this will be helpful for you in your classroom. Newsletters can be tedious and time-consuming, so maybe this design will shave a few precious minutes off of your planning time. Be sure to check back here each month for the latest template design. At the end of the year, I intend to bundle all of the newsletters into one package on TPT, but this is the time to grab them for free! :)

Note: Some clipart on the newsletter is provided by Krista Wallden at Creative Clips. She has an amazing selection in her store! For some reason, I can't get her graphic to export correctly into the credits page of the final powerpoint document.