Thursday, March 31, 2016

Five for Friday: April 1, 2016


Woo hoo! It's Friday! Can't wait to spend some time at Doodle Bugs Teaching visiting other "classrooms" today! :)


So my week started like this... Easter Monday looked a lot different around our house this year! I loved every minute with this little girl.


Back at school, things are moving right along! I added this "window" outside my classroom this year, and it has been such a hit - not only with my students, but with other students passing by. They love seeing their friends faces, and the visual display of some of our activities makes my pull-out class seem a little less foreign to other students. If you want to know how I made it, you can read all about that here.


I love this activity to review red words (or sight words). We simply call it magic writing, and my students have a blast with it. I wrote all about it in an earlier post here. We do this as a quick, fun review activity every now and then. 



We extended our sight words review a bit with a few sight word tower-building sessions this week as well. This is such an engaging way for students to review sight words in isolation!


Last, but not least, we pulled out our syllable bags, which my students have been filling throughout the year, to build nonsense words. This is a great way to recycle those previously-divided and labeled syllables. Reading nonsense words is definitely challenging, but it's interesting to see how committed my students remain to the activity when we use their syllable bags. 

That's all for my week! I hope you have had a great one! Enjoy your weekend!