Friday, March 25, 2016

Five for Friday: March 25, 2016


I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching today for the Five for Friday link party. It has been so long since I have linked up, so I'm excited to hop around today and see what everyone has had going on this week!



This week, I shared my new Bossy R materials with my students. If you missed the details on that, you can check it out here. They had so much fun using the flip chart blending board. I am usually the one who leads our blending exercises with my drill cards pack. With this, I simply handed over the notebook and let them take the reins. They worked with a partner to practice blending words (both real and nonsense) using the flip chart, and they loved it!

You can see a little action clip here:
Isn't that great? I am so proud of them. :)




I pulled out the letter cookies and let one class work on words spelled with igh. It's amazing how much they suddenly love spelling when they can eat the words! :)



My students walked in one day to find Easter eggs scattered all over the classroom. We didn't have a major Easter egg hunt, but they did get to choose one egg to use for an activity...


I placed a little foam item inside each egg. They had to think of three words that rhymed with their item, and they used those words to fill in the blanks on the "Rhyme Time" tune from Growing Kinders. My students LOVE this song. Several of them have Kathleen's version memorized by this point, so we use it for a variety of rhyming exercises. This week, we had an Easter Egg Rhyme Time. 


At home, this little darling is feeling better this week! We had a couple of days that felt somewhat like spring this week, so we took advantage of the sunshine! This girl loves to go for a stroll! :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend!