Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Do It Yourself: Dry-Erase Labels for a Classroom

This post will be pretty basic, and not all that spectacular, but I wanted to share a recent little DIY project for my classroom. If you're like me, you always keep an eye on clearance sections wherever you go, just in case you spot something you could use in your classroom. And if you're like me, every now and then you get lucky and actually use something you have grabbed in a really productive way. This is one of those times!

I really love Paper Source, but I seldom get to actually shop there. However, on a recent visit to Nashville, I stopped by their Green Hills location and found these cute adhesive labels among their clearance items. Truth be told, I picked up a few packages for gift wrapping, but these yellow ones have come in handy in my classroom. I paired them with this red chevron scrapbook paper (found in the clearance section at Hobby Lobby, of course).
I simply attached the labels onto the chevron paper...
Then I cut them apart and laminated them individually. (By the way, if you're a teacher and you don't have your own personal little laminator, it's totally worth the investment!)
I cut apart the laminated labels and attached these perfect little magnetic discs onto the back of each one. 
And that's all! The lamination provides a dry-erase surface, so you can write-and-wipe with ease. I needed these for a word-building station, where my students will use magnetic letters to build words. I made extras, though, so I'm prepared to use them for any labeling needs that may arise! ;)