The Back-to-School season is such an exciting (and a bit stressful) time! I am really enjoying my own back-to-school preparations for this year. I finally feel like I have accumulated enough ready-to-use resources that I can pull, tweak as needed, and use right away in my classroom. I have compiled some of my favorites into one back-to-school bundle for this school year! Not only does it feature my best-selling product, the Back-to-School Packet for organizing a meet-the-teacher night, but it also features materials that can be used for instructional purposes throughout the school year as well!
Check out a preview and description of the contents of the bundle below. You can click the images to access their individual listings in my TPT store, or you can access the full bundle here.
* * *
* Back-to-School Packet: Handy Organizational Materials for your Meet-the-Teacher/Back-to-School event
* Reading Response Logs for the Full School Year : This packet includes a monthly reading log for a full year of reading instruction (months August through May). Each reading log is designed to accommodate reading assignments for three days each week. On each day, the student will document the date as well as the title/author of text he/she reads. Then the student will complete a reading response exercise. The reading response exercises are designed to best accommodate first grade readers, and the tasks increase in rigor throughout the school year. Each reading log also contains sections for parent initials, thereby making this packet appropriate for reading assignments at home. This packet includes a parent letter template, which explains the purpose for the use of a reading log and encourages parents to take an active part in their child's reading development by monitoring their reading each night. While this packet is intended for use in a first grade classroom, it could also be used in a second grade classroom, or possibly as a model during Kindergarten reading instruction during the spring semester. Each reading log contains a customized header that reflects seasonal attributes for the designated month.
* Back-to-School Syllables: Differentiated Phonemic Awareness Activities: 3 differentiated activities for building phonemic awareness to jump-start your literacy centers and guided reading groups for the school year.
* Calendars for the 2016-2017 School Year: Cute printable calendars for the 2016-2017 school year! Festive clip art pictures are included on each calendar to indicate holidays. A color version as well as a black-and-white version is included for each month. Print the version of your choice to use at home, at school, or in take-home folders for your students!
* Editable Monthly Newsletters: Monthly newsletter templates that include editable text boxes where you can add relevant information for your classroom. The product features newsletters for a full school year, with one newsletter template for each month (August-May). Each template is created with a black-and-white design, which makes it ink-friendly for printers and copiers. Additionally, each template features seasonal clip-art for each month. These newsletters are great for basic parent-communication on a weekly or monthly basis.
I hope there's something you can use here! Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Happy Back-to-School! :)